Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday!

Been dabbling this week...

First, finished my last 8 'Beads on a String' for February Block Lotto.  
This picture shows all 9 for this month.





I found the first one to be quite challenging but once I had the technique down the rest went rather quickly.

I continued on my Free Motion Quilting Sampler Quilt using Leah Day's designs 31 through 40...
http://www.leahday.com/project1/

Here's the front...

 And the Back...
These are a lot harder to see in the multi-colored background so here are a few close ups to view...






I have added a page to my blog to update the placement of each square into the quilt.  Check it out!!

And lastly I played with my stash using one main fabric plus four 'shades of purple' fabrics incorporating the disappearing 4-patch design.
Have 3 of each of these blocks - 12 total and plan to add a border.

I've linked up with 

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 


http://estheraliu.blogspot.com/http://marelize-ries.blogspot.com/


















 












Free Motion Quilting Project

Check out all the interesting happens at these sites!
Marie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those bead blocks are so cool. I love the contrast the dark fabric provides.

Dena said...

The bead blocks look good. (I made some too!)

I love your FMQ project! Yesterday, signed up for a crazy quilt class on Craftsy.com, with the idea it would be a FMQ sampler! And now I see your project for the first time. Amazing. :-)

The blocks are beautiful. You have a great start!

Allison said...

your bead on string blocks are intriguing, I don't think I have seen a block quite like them before. very nice :)

jan said...

Visiting from WIP Wednesday. I love your quilting - it looks really great!
xo jan

Anonymous said...

Your free motion quilting looks great!

Muv said...

Fabulous free motion quilting, Marie, especially in view of the fact that you were working on patterned material. I usually get distracted by prints and lose the plot...