Wednesday, May 13, 2015

iHeart for Mom ;)

Here's a very traditional look made from my iHeart Quilt pattern.  
I made this for my Mom.  
She LOVES pink and flowers so this fabric was just right for her.



The machine quilting was lovingly done by my dear friend 

 
Lisa filled my Mom's quilt with even more love with all to the free hand hearts!!  Beautiful, just beautiful! 


I handed this quilt over to Lisa and said 'do what you think' 
and the quilt was returned to me with the beautiful quilting. 
(Unfortunately I washed the quilt before taking pictures)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Lisa
I LOVE the quilting and so does Mom!



This quilt measures 72"x72" - the largest size for the pattern.
I used cotton for the front and flannel for the backing as Mom's always cold and I wanted the quilt to be a BIG surrounding HUG!  

If you are interested this pattern is available:
iHeart Chevron Quilt Pattern available on Etsy

Thanks for stopping by!
Marie

Linking up with Lee over at WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!, Let's Bee Social over at Sew Fresh Quilts! & My Quilt Infatuation!  Hop over to take a look at all the creative going ons....


10 comments:

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

So cute and the quilting pattern is perfect.

Allison said...

So beautiful! I love how you meshed the chevrons with the heart.

Lois Kindley, longarm quilter said...

This is a perfect gift that she’ll enjoy cuddling up under! You’re a great daughter Marie. Li did a great job with the quilting! :)

Linda in Calif. said...

What a lovely quilt with the prettiest pinks for your mom. I like your idea of backing it with flannel for warmth.

Robin said...

Could I do this with pre-cuts?

Marie Joerger said...

You could use 5" or 10" squares IF you are making the 48"x48" or smaller quilt. Yardage is really a much better solution. Much less waste. Good luck! Marie

vmsmartin said...

I recently purchase your I Heart Chevron pattern. I will be making a quilt from my granddaughters baby clothes...she is going off to college next month and I am very excited in starting this quilt. I have one question though, I will be making the 60x60 size and I don't understand what the templet "L" is used for....I could use some feed back on that. Vicky Martin vicmoosemartin50@gmail.com

Marie Joerger said...

Hi Vicky,

Baby clothes - that sounds adorable!!! I would love to see a picture when you are done!!

The 'L' template is used to the RIGHT and LEFT of the Heart. There are only 2 used.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Best of luck! Marie

Detzelcld@gmail.com said...

I apologize if this is a duplicate comment. When using the 9 inch squares to cut 8 at a time, my squares come out 4 inches, not the 3 1/2 that you state in your directions.im feeling pretty stupid. Where is my disconnect?

mariescreativespace said...

Sorry if I wasn't clear. When you cut apart the 8-at-a-time 1/2 squares you then have to trim them to 3-1/2". Hope this helps!!
Marie